Some of the most common questions about Being Prepared are listed below.
To learn more about one of these questions, simply click on the question – the link will bring you to a specific page in the Being Prepared section of The Guide.
For general information, visit the Being Prepared Overview page of The Guide.
General Information for Advance Care Planning
- What is a Health Care Proxy form?
- Where do I get a Health Care Proxy form?
- What’s the difference between a Living Will and a Health Care Proxy?
- How do I choose a Health Care Agent?
- Who should I ask for help if I have questions about the Health Care Proxy?
- How do I start conversations with my family and agent about my wishes?
- When and how should I speak to my doctor about my wishes?