04/16/16 – National Healthcare Decisions Day (NHDD)
Saturday, April 16, 2016
National Healthcare Decisions Day (NHDD) is a national day set aside each year to encourage individuals age 18 and older to have family discussions about personal values and beliefs, to choose a health care agent, and to complete a health care proxy.
WELC participates in this effort by distributing NYS Health Care Proxy forms and placing trained volunteers in Westchester public libraries on April 16.
For information and to register for volunteer training:
WELC VOLUNTEER TRAINING
Volunteers learn about the value of advance directives and a health care proxy. They are trained to help others understand and complete a health care proxy form, and to make informed decisions about health care planning.
2016 Training Sessions:
1. Wed, March 30 (10 am – 12 noon), Gramatan Village, Bronxville
2. Wed, March 30 (6 – 8 pm), Concordia College, Bronxville
3. Tues, April 5 (6 – 8 pm), Burke Rehabilitation, White Plains
4. Mon, April 11 (5:30 – 7:30 pm), Open Door Family Medical Center, Ossining
5. Mon, April 11 (6 – 8 pm), Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville